- Always discuss transactions online and make agreements beforehand.
- The images you see online do not always reflect the actual condition of the product/service.
- Never send money transfers in advance under any circumstances.
- Always meet in a public place that’s brightly lit with people around. Never go alone.
- Check item(s) thoroughly before paying.
- Also be careful when buying expensive items such as cell phones, laptops, TVs, etc.
- Stay away from unreasonable offers, and if something is available at really low prices then you need to check it properly.
- Never give out more personal information than needed when conducting transactions.
- Buy the items directly from the vendor and check the goods beforehand.
- Do not rent or purchase sites you’ve never seen. It may not even exist.
- Do not make an abrupt decision, especially for house rentals.
- Use your intuition. If something doesn’t feel right you don’t have to participate.
Safety Tips for Sellers
- Read Buyers safety tips, some apply to you.
- Be honest with the Ad you post. We live in a small country, word spreads quickly.
- Make sure that you get the full payment for the services or goods that you advertise.
- Check dollar notes thoroughly.
- If you receive any fake notes then contact the buyer immediately as banks don’t honour them.
- Never disclose financial information (bank account, phone numbers, card details, PayPal account, etc).